Our Green Perspective
We're sharing our new Green Perspective with clients, employees and partners by building environmentally-friendly practices into all aspects of our business. Below you will find information about the various Green Initiatives at Payworks.
All Payworks offices are bullfrogpowered® with 100% clean green electricity! In 2014, Payworks partnered with Bullfrog Power, and through this agreement, Bullfrog Power's generators put 100% green electricity onto the grid to match the power consumption of all of Payworks' offices. By choosing green energy, Payworks is reducing its emissions footprint by more than 400 tonnes of CO2 annually. Learn more about Bullfrog Power.
Go Green Printing Initiative
Through the Go Green Printing Initiative, Payworks offers clients who process their own payroll using our cloud-based solutions a 10% discount per payroll run, if no output is printed at Payworks. This allows our clients to receive their payroll reports, employee pay statements and tax forms all in an electronic format.
Did you know? On average, a single person consumes 96 pieces of paper a year simply by getting paid. Use Payworks' Eco-Calculator to determine the amount of paper, trees, and kilograms of carbon dioxide emissions that can be eliminated through Payworks' Go Green Printing Initiative. If printed copies are necessary, many clients find it more economical to print on site. By eliminating the transportation, we can greatly minimize our carbon footprint.
Year End Packages
We offer a digital media alternative to traditional paper files. The media contains each client's year-end forms, identical to the paper copy normally received, and can be easily printed by our clients for their employees who require a hard copy replacement. The digital media also offers a convenient and secure method of record retention. As part of the same service, clients can request their full payroll reports on digital media. For record retention, back-up and accessibility, this service is available for all web and paper input customers.
National Service Centre
We have made a commitment to invite environmentally friendly practices into our everyday office activities to assist in reducing our environmental footprint. These simple but effective improvements include:
- We use our own products: our payroll is processed online, we are paid through direct deposit, and we receive pay statements electronically.
- Recycling bins, including Recycle Everywhere bins, are placed in all common areas and in our lunchroom. Paper documents are shredded onsite and recycled.
- We conduct the majority of our training sessions via online sessions/webinars and Go-to-Meetings, saving on transportation costs and emissions, paper printing costs, etc.
- The National Service Centre features a motion and sound-activated lighting system and a state-of-the-art HVAC system that functions on preset occupancy schedules, both which work to reduce our energy consumption.
- In lieu of mailing paper holiday cards, Payworks sends out an electronic version and makes a donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada.
- All copy paper used by the National Service Centre falls under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative's Certified Sourcing label.
- Payworks has engaged Green Action Centre for workplace training so that employees may learn more about how they can make environmentally-friendly choices and reduce their individual eco-footprints.
Working with our Customers and Suppliers to identify green solutions
As often as possible, Payworks promotes and encourages our clients to take advantage of our environmentally-friendly payroll options. As well, our commitment to environmentally friendly choices extends to the decisions we make when working with our suppliers.
- We promote our Go Green Printing Initiative and direct deposit payment options to all of our clients, in hopes of doing away with printing, mailing, and transport altogether.
- When working with printing companies, Payworks always selects the more eco-friendly paper choice for our brochures, letterhead, and envelopes.
- Payworks leans towards ordering promotional items that are made of recyclable or renewable materials whenever possible.
- Rather than printing our annual Payroll Guide and Calendar resource for our clients, Payworks instead makes it available in electronic form on our website for anyone to download.
- Payworks’ client newsletter is sent out electronically.
- At Year End, Payworks encourages our clients to select digital media for their year-end forms, as opposed to the traditional paper format.