Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies Statement
1. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Session Cookies are specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you do not have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent Cookies record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device and remain on your device between browsing sessions. For example, a persistent cookie may be used on a website to remember your log-in details so you will not need to enter those details each time you visit that website; and
- Third Party Cookies placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
Payworks uses the below listed cookies to perform the following functions:
- Strictly Necessary / Technical Cookies that are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. If you withdraw your consent to the use of these types of cookies, the Service cannot be provided.
- Analytical / Performance Cookies that collect information in aggregated form about how users interact with the Service so that we may improve functionality. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers which enable features or functionality provided by third parties in connection with the Service. For example, advertising, interactive content, and analytics. The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
- Functional Cookies that allow a website to remember choices you make, recognize you when you return and to personalize content.
- Targeting / Advertising Cookies that track browser habits and used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
We may use other technologies similar to cookies like web beacons, which are sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited the Service or opened an email that we have sent them. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Right to Refuse the Use of Information Collection Technologies
We obtain your consent to our information collection technologies through our opt-in mechanismon the Sites. You have the right to object to the use of information collection technologies such as cookies. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Sites and/or Service and that when you revisit our Sites and/or Service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
2. Targeted Advertising and How You May Opt Out
We may use third party advertising partners such as advertising networks, exchanges, and social media platforms to display advertising on the Service or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites. You have a variety of options to opt out of interest based advertising (including remarketing) ranging from browser controls, add on utilities such as ad blockers, and other opt out tools. Opt out tools may include organizations such as:
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1, ;
- Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) of Canada: https://youradchoices.ca/ ;
- DAA YourAdChoices: https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools .
The Service utilizes Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the Service, compiling reports on the activity of the Service for the Services’ operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. The information generated by the cookie (including the IP address) is transferred and stored on a Google server located in the United States.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other information held by Google.
We may also use additional analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
We make no attempt to link this non-personal information with the identity of individuals using the Service. Non-personal information may be permanently archived for future use in any manner whatsoever by Payworks.
4. Disable Google Analytics
You can prevent the collection and processing of cookie created data relating to your utilization of the Service (including your IP) via Google by downloading and installing the browser-plugin available under the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
Google currently offers this opt-out tool for Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
We keep our cookies information under regular review. This statement was last reviewed in September 2022.
© Copyright (2022) Payworks Inc. All rights reserved.