- the Site, as well as for any other websites operated by Payworks (collectively and together with the Site, the “Sites”); and
- in-person interactions with Payworks, as well as any web and mobile applications, tools, mail, email, videoconference, web or other electronic chats between you and the Sites or Payworks, or social media pages offered by Payworks on the Sites, and for any online services offered by Payworks, including but not limited to software, applications and interfaces (together with the Sites, the “Service”).
1. Personal Information We Collect
- Personal Information You Provide To Us
- Non-Personal Information
- Technical Information We Collect Automatically
- Other Ways We May Collect Personal Information
Personal Information You Provide To Us
You may provide, and Payworks may collect personal information from you when you interact with us. Typical information we collect includes:
- Information (such as name, telephone number, mailing address and email address) that you provide by filling in forms on our Service, which may include information provided at the time of requesting information about our Service, downloading content or posting comments;
- Contact and employment-related information that you provide us when you register for and/or engage with us at a trade show or other event;
- Contact and employment-related information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- If you contact us, records of your correspondence, requests and transactions (including email addresses), as well as your responses, actions and transactions to our communications to you;
- When you contact us for support, we collect personal information in order to authenticate you, as well as voice recordings and chat transcripts;
- When you respond to a survey or provide a customer testimonial, we collect your contact information, employment-related information, and your opinions on our Service. With your consent, we may also collect photos or videos of you;
- When you create an account on a Payworks platform or application, we collect authentication credentials such as username and password; and
- We may also collect other information that you may choose to provide through your interactions with us.
Payworks may collect, use and disclose non-personal information, including business contact information (where applicable by law) and/or aggregated data resulting from the combination and/or aggregation or certain raw data collected from you with other data in a way that no longer personally identifies you. We make no attempt to link aggregated data with the identity of individuals. We may permanently archive non-personal information for future use in any manner whatsoever.
Technical Information We Collect Automatically
Like many other websites, we automatically collect certain technical information regarding website users that does not identify you. When you visit the Service, we may collect, using electronic means, this technical information. This technical information may include:
- The IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our Service;
- Operating system;
- Resolution of screen;
- Language settings in browsers; and
- The site you came from and searched for keywords if arriving from a search engine.
This technical information is aggregated and used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our Service.
Other Ways We May Collect Personal Information
Payworks may also receive or collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Other companies and third parties may provide us with contact information and employment-related information of businesses or individuals that might be interested in our services;
- We may collect contact information from publicly available sources as permitted by law.
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Payworks collects and may use your personal information to, among other things:
- Develop and maintain business relationships;
- Present and/or provide our Service to you including, managing any account you have with us;
- Verify your identity, and/or eligibility to receive information and services from us;
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Respond to questions, comments, job applications, or complaints that you submit to us;
- Send informational communications such as invitations to events, training and product alerts;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature as well as plan and manage Payworks-organized or sponsored events;
- Publish customer testimonials;
- Facilitate and improve our marketing communications, customer relationships and/or customer experiences;
- Send mail, emails, newsletters or other communications you have consented to receive from us;
- Develop, analyze and improve the Service and other products and services through research, training, development, analytics and business intelligence;
- Aggregate your personal information resulting from the combination and/or aggregation of certain raw personal information collected from you with other data in a way that no longer personally identifies you;
- Display advertising on the Service or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites in accordance with our Cookie and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies Statement;
- Fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information and/or to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and company policies;
- Manage our internal operations and network security; and
- For risk and security management and mitigation, including investigation, audit and insurance purposes.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Payworks may disclose your personal information to:
- Payworks’ affiliates, employees, partners, professional advisors, agents and service providers to enable these parties to perform a business, professional or technical support function for Payworks, which may include such parties offering additional services to you;
- To a third party where you consent to such disclosure; or where such third party, in the reasonable judgment of Payworks, is seeking the information as your agent;
- To a third party as required by, or permitted by, law. This includes sharing your personal information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights and to defend against legal claims that have or may be brought against us;
- Where we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Payworks, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and reporting any activity to law enforcement agencies that we reasonably believe to be unlawful or will aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity;
- In connection with a corporate re-organization, a merger or amalgamation with another entity, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, including any due diligence exercise or integration activities carried out in relation to same, subject to appropriate contractual safeguards.
4. Security & Safeguards
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Payworks uses appropriate and recognized industry standard security safeguards as well as physical, technical, administrative, and operational safeguards to protect personal information against risks such as accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
While Payworks is committed to safeguarding your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information we collect either directly or automatically from you. You provide your personal information at your own risk. Payworks also cannot guarantee that information sent or received over the Internet is secure and does not make any representation or warranty concerning the security of personal information communicated to or from Payworks via the Internet or regarding the interception of personal information by third parties. When using our Service, we strongly recommend that you never divulge your user identifications or passwords to anyone.
5. Transfer of Personal Information
Currently, Payworks does not process or store personal information outside of Canada. Payworks may in the future however engage third party service providers outside of Canada to process, store, and transfer your personal information outside Canada in and to a foreign country with different privacy laws. If we engage a third party service provider outside of Canada, we will put in place contractual safeguards stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
6. Retention of Personal Information
Please note, if you are a user who has created an account with Payworks and your account becomes inactive, Payworks may choose not to retain your personal information or other records associated with your Payworks account, in which case such information may be destroyed, deleted, erased or converted to an anonymous form. You are solely responsible for exporting any such information from your Payworks account that you may wish to retain in a timely manner.
7. Maintenance of Accurate Information & Access to Information
Payworks makes reasonable efforts to keep your personal information as complete, up-to-date and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. With your consent, Payworks will correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Unless Payworks is permitted or required by law to prohibit access, we will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review and if necessary, update and correct your personal information. Where appropriate, Payworks will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question.
We may request specific information from you to help us verify your identity, confirm your right to access the personal information in question, and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make the requested changes.
In certain circumstances, Payworks may not be able to provide access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you. In such event, we will provide the reasons for denying access upon request, which may include:
- If doing so would likely reveal personal information about another individual, confidential commercial information or the information could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual;
- If the information is protected by solicitor-client privilege;
- We may have destroyed, deleted, erased, or made your personal information anonymous; and
- If the information was collected or generated in relation to a formal dispute resolution process, the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of laws.
8. Links to Other Websites
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Service uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer or other device when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Please see our Cookie and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies Statement.
10. Unsubscribe from Commercial Electronic Messages
We may send you commercial electronic messages (such as marketing or promotional messages) if you have completed one or more of the following:
- provided us with your express consent to receive these messages;
- recently purchased services from us;
- entered into a contract with us or some other form of business relationship with us;
- requested information from us; or
- applicable law otherwise permits us to send commercial electronic messages to you.
If you no longer wish to receive such commercial electronic messages from Payworks, you may unsubscribe here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, after you unsubscribe, Payworks may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications or to provide information that Payworks is legally obligated to provide you.
11. Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw or withhold your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Payworks at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note that the withdrawal of consent may result in the inability of Payworks to continue providing aspects or optimization of the Service to you, or for Payworks to provide a particular service to you. Please contact Payworks for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
12. Payworks as a Service Provider
Payworks provides workforce management services and solutions to companies, businesses and organizations (each an “Organization”). Accordingly, Payworks processes data about those Organizations’ current and past employees on behalf of those Organizations and in accordance with their instructions. If you are an individual whose current or past employer uses a Payworks platform or application, and your employer has asked you to submit personal information as part of that service, you should review your employer’s own privacy statement to understand your employer’s privacy practices and/or contact your employer for more information on their privacy practices.
Payworks only processes your personal information in accordance with the instructions of your employer, for their benefit, and on their behalf. Your employer, as the Organization is responsible for providing you with notice of what personal information they collect, use, store, transfer and disclose, for what purposes they do so, and with whom it is shared. They are also responsible for obtaining appropriate consents where required or identifying any other legal basis upon which they may rely to process your personal information, as well as responding to access to information or personal information deletion requests.
If you are an Organization subscribing on behalf of your clients, employees or users, you acknowledge that you have obtained appropriate consents from your employees, clients or users for you to use Payworks platform or application.
14. Contact Us
Payworks Privacy Officer
1565 Willson Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 4H1
phone: 204.779.0537 x3568; toll free: 866.788.3500
© Copyright (2022) Payworks Inc. All rights reserved.