We make your online security our priority.
This privacy notice (“Policy”) describes our current policies with regard to personal information. Payworks is committed to providing the highest level of security and privacy to all of our customers’ personal information, including that of their employees, as well as that of visitors to our website. This notice pertains to personal information we may collect, use and/or disclose in order to administer services and products. Additionally, certain aspects of use of this site or information collected through this site or by any other method may also be covered by our customer agreements.
At Payworks, our purpose is “Doing Right by People”. This includes respecting and understanding issues pertaining to privacy. As such, we are committed to protecting the personal information in our custody including information received from our clients and the individuals to whom services are provided.
- Face-to-face, phone, email, chat, video conference, agreements, contracts, mail or other business interactions with our customers, vendors or other businesses.
Payworks collects, uses, discloses and stores personal information for specific business purposes including:
- To administer our products and services
- To meet tax or legal and regulatory obligations
- To provide you with value, by designing and improving our products and services.
- To promote and market our product and services
- To administer internal Payworks employment undertakings
Information We Collect
Whether you are running a payroll, registering on our Let’s Get Started! page, logging in to the Employee Self Service (ESS) or submitting an application for employment, you will be asked to submit information necessary to operate our site or administer our services and products. We may also request information that personally identifies you such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or other information that can be used to identify you.
Payworks may also collect personal information from you:
- When you log in to our site, use our products and services, submit an application for employment, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey and/or fill out a form.
- based on your use of the website. This statistical information does not identify you personally and is collected for the purpose of maintaining the website and improving its usability.
Use of Information
Information we receive from our clients remains their sole and exclusive property, and is used only for the purposes intended when you enter into an agreement with Payworks. The information is used for no other purpose without express permission from you. Such information is considered confidential and all of our employees meet the highest standards of confidentiality.
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To process accounts & transactions
- To provide and improve customer service
- To assist you with questions and concerns you may have
- To operate our products, services & website
- To improve our products, services & website
- To assess qualifications, skills & suitability for employment with Payworks
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
Disclosure of Information
Payworks follows strict privacy practices and procedures in regard to the disclosure of personal information. Information is not shared with, or transferred to any other corporation, body or individual, in its original or any modified form, unless Payworks is required to do so by statute or legal proceeding, or authorized by you. Personal information may be supplied (disclosed) to a third party:
- In order to process a customer transaction
- If the customer requests or authorizes it
- The disclosure is required or allowed by law
Payworks respects your right to privacy and takes every precaution to provide you with the same level of privacy within our website that you receive through more traditional payroll delivery channels.
Security & Safeguards
Payworks follows strict privacy practices and procedures when protecting personal information. Payworks is very aware of the sensitive nature of such information and sets the highest standards for confidentiality. We are committed to protecting the privacy of both our clients and the individuals for whom payroll transactions are prepared.
- Payworks uses physical, electronic and operational safeguards designed to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to personally identifiable information.
- When received by Payworks, only authorized personnel may open and process an application for employment.
- Auditing mechanisms have been put into place to protect information.
When using Payworks web applications, we strongly recommend that you never divulge user identifications or passwords to anyone. All communication through our web applications is encrypted.
Access to Information & Maintenance of Accurate Information
As a Payworks Client, you maintain sole and exclusive property of all Client Data. As such, you are responsible for responding to access to information requests. In addition, it is in your best interest to maintain accurate records concerning personal information. For this reason, Payworks allows you to update personal information online, at any time.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes to this policy will be posted at this location and will take effect immediately after their posting. You may wish to check back from time to time to be aware of any changes to the policy.